This is a post where I’m going to give you some recipes using apples!
As much as I love giving over organizing and decluttering tips, my WordPress statics say that y’all want more about all things kitchen, including meal planning and recipes. So, this post is all about cooking with apples.
Firstly, whatever I prepare is kid-friendly. Secondly, I don’t use crazy or exotic ingredients. Thirdly, these are my tried-and-true recipes that I use all the time.
Apples: apple sauce, apple kugel, oatmeal apple crisp
1/4 cup of sugar (or less)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla (can skip this)
- Wash, peel, core and slice apples
- Place all ingredients in a pot and cover apples with 1/2 inch of water
- cover and cook low-medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until soft
- remove apples with a slotted spoon an put in blender. add back some of the liquid to the apples. the less water you add, the less thick the applesauce will be.
*Notes: if there is extra liquid you didn’t put in the blender, you have apple juice. Enjoy.
You can also use pears instead of apples, or cook both together for apple-pear sauce
4 apples peeled and sliced
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup of flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup of oil
- place apples on the bottom of a baking pan
- sprinkle with cinnamon
- mix eggs, vanilla, and sugar together with a fork. add flour baking powder and oil
- pour over apples
- bake for 350 F for 30-40 minutes
*Note: some people claim this should be a dessert and not a side dish
Oatmeal Apple Crisp
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
3/4 cup margarine
3/4 cup rolled oats
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F
- Grease a baking pan
- peel, core, and slice apples. place in the baking pan
- mix flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and ginger. Mix in margarine until coarse crumbs form.
- stir in oats
- sprinkle over apples
- bake 35 minutes until apples are tender and crumb topping is crisp
*Note: I’ve also made this without the topping for a gluten-free option.
Happy cooking and thanks for reading.
The Klutter Koach