In previous blog posts I have advised what NOT to bring on aliyah. This issue of the Aliyah Files focuses on items I recommend purchasing once you arrive in Israel.
- Kum kum (coom coom)-an electric kettle to heat your water for a quick hot beverage.
- Squeegee-use this to wipe down your counters. Procedure: To clean your counters pour water onto the counter. Then squeegee dirty water into the sink. Maybe I should do a video demonstration…
- Sponja stick/rags/bucket-necessities for washing your floor. Say goodbye mop. Goodbye Swiffer. Pour water and soap on the floor. Swish around with the sponja stick which has a squeegee on the end. Squeegee dirty water into the drain the floor or out the door. Dry with a rag. (Hmm…video demonstration part II… ?)
- Clothes drying rack-take advantage of solar power and also save electricity. Hang your clothes outdoors to dry.
- Lice comb-Eeeww. Yes, a lice comb. Kids are NOT sent home for having lice. Check frequently. I highly recommend the Assy 2000. Yes, a very dumb name but a great product to have in your possession.
- Major appliances-Apartments/homes do not come with washers, dryers, refrigerators, ovens, or stoves. Until these items have been left by a previous owner or tenant, you need to purchase your own.
Thanks for reading and happy shopping.
Welcome to all the new and soon-to-be new arrivals! Please share this post if you found it helpful. Follow my blog so you don’t miss any new posts.
June 17, 2018